Who Needs Spinal Fusion Surgery? Understanding Candidate Criteria
Spinal fusion surgery is typically recommended for individuals who meet specific criteria. Here's an overview of who may be considered a candidate:
- Chronic Back Pain: Individuals who experience chronic back pain that significantly affects their quality of life may be candidates for spinal fusion surgery.
- Spinal Instability: If the spine is unstable due to conditions such as degenerative disc disease or spinal fractures, fusion surgery may be necessary to restore stability.
- Failed Non-surgical Treatments: When conservative treatments like physical therapy, medication, or injections have not provided sufficient relief, spinal fusion surgery may be considered.
- Structural Abnormalities: Patients with structural abnormalities in the spine, such as scoliosis or spondylolisthesis, may require fusion surgery to correct the issue.
- Physician Evaluation: Ultimately, a qualified healthcare professional will evaluate your specific condition and determine if spinal fusion surgery is appropriate for you.
It's essential to consult with a medical expert who specializes in spinal conditions to receive an accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment recommendations.
Call to see how Plantation Laser Pain Center can help!
Call Us Now!